Repairing Fire Damage
Let Dason Fire and Water Restoration help after the trauma of a property fire.
After going through the ordeal of a house fire, the last thing you want to worry about is fixing up the remaining property damage, which can include any of the following:
- Smoke damage;
- Fire Odor;
- Soot Damage;
- Residual Ash;
- Water Damage From Fire Extinguishers.
Call Us Today
Regardless of the cause of the fire, the damage can be extensive and time-consuming to repair. Fortunately, there is a process for restoring homes to their former glory.
The first step is to assess the nature and extent of the damage and determine what can be repaired and restored and what merely needs to be cleaned. While a restoration contractor will be required to fix most of the damage, there are a few things that homeowners can do on their own to help clean up the property, including:
- Increasing ventilation by opening windows;
- Using a brush-vacuum to remove smoke particles from drapery, upholstery, and carpet;
- Cleaning chrome trim on fixtures and appliances;
- Sending a sample group of garments to the cleaners and examining the results;
- Throwing out food that was exposed to heat.
These are important steps that a homeowner can usually undertake on his or her own that will keep a home and its furnishings from sustaining additional damage. But keep in mind that bigger jobs like repairing windows and roofs will require a professional. Homeowners that do too much on their own risk causing additional damage and incurring more costs.
A smoky odor can be extremely unpleasant and even significantly detract from a home’s value. Fortunately, many items can be restored to their original condition if the correct processes are followed, which include:
- Confirming that there is air movement in the home;
- Drying any wet items with fans and dehumidifiers;
- Removing and cleaning fabrics and clothing;
- Washing the ceilings, walls, and floors;
- Removing sensitive metals, such as brass and copper, which can become discolored and corroded when exposed to smoke;
- Cleaning out air ducts;
- Cleaning carpets and rugs;
- Replacing attic insulation if necessary.
When your home has been damaged by a fire, the last thing you need to worry about is making repairs. Fortunately, fire restoration contractors like those employed by Dason Fire & Water Restoration, Inc. can help you:
- Assess the damage to your home;
- Arrange for the purchase of materials;
- Coordinate with your insurance claims adjuster;
- Clean and restore all damaged property.
Contact Dason Fire & Water Restoration, inc. today
While homeowners can take a number of steps to preemptively stop more damage from occurring and cut down on expenses, some aspects of fire and water restoration must be handled by professionals, so if you have a property damage emergency, please contact us online or by calling 918-379-0390 and we will help explain what is involved in the restoration process. We understand that these types of emergencies can occur at any time and so are available to you on a 24/7 basis.